Heat-Related Illness Treatment in Lakewood, CO
Call (720) 408-6189 or Walk in, No Appointment Necessary. We are Open 7 Days a Week.
Every year, hundreds of Americans experience a heat-related illness outdoors and are left waiting for medical attention in a hospital. At AFC Urgent Care Lakewood, we know that summer and the hot months of the year bring lots of fun and outdoor activities, but they can also bring dangerous heat strokes. Rather than waiting for hours in a waiting room when a heat-related illness occurs, come right into AFC Urgent Care Lakewood for fast and attentive urgent care services. Our medical professionals can provide you and your loved ones with excellent advice and treatment for heat-related illness, all at our friendly and centrally located walk-in urgent care clinic in Lakewood, CO. In addition to our urgent care services, we provide primary care services and testing at our clinic.
There are a number of common heat-related illnesses, all that can happen during the hot summer months in Lakewood, CO. Here are some symptoms of some:
- Heat Stroke: Symptoms can include high temperature, hot and red skin, fast pulse, headache, nausea and losing consciousness
- Heat Exhaustion: Heavy sweating, cold and pale skin, fast pulse, nausea, muscle cramps, headache or fainting
- Heat Cramps: Heavy sweating or muscle spasms
- Sunburn: Painful and red skin or blisters on the skin
- Heat Rash: Red clusters of small blisters that look like pimples
It is important to note that if you are experiencing any life-threatening symptoms, such as shortness of breath or fainting, to rush to your nearest emergency room for medical attention. For any non life threatening heat-related illnesses, please walk into AFC Urgent Care Lakewood today for compassionate and knowledgeable urgent care services. We look forward to helping you and your loved ones feel better and healthier soon!